All research sponsored or conducted by the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), which includes all the CAES Research Projects, is required to be documented in the new NIFA REEport data collection system. This data is submitted and collected on the NIFA Reporting Portal- http://portal.nifa.usda.gov/. See the REEport website for training videos, manual, etc.
Following are the forms required for submitting a new or revised project proposal.
- Project Outline (Project Proposal Narrative in Word format) – College of Agricultural Sciences (view instructions) / All other colleges – email to Jan in Word or WordPerfect format. (NOTE: McIntire-Stennis projects must include the budget and project timeline in the Project Outline.)
- Peer Review Form – View Peer Review Policies and Guidelines
- Project Initiation – complete on the NIFA Reporting Portal- http://portal.nifa.usda.gov/
If this is your first NIFA/AES project, please contact Jan so she can add you as a user in REEport.
- If your research involves human subjects, animals, or biohazardous agents / recombinant DNA, please contact the Research Integrity and Compliance Review Office to complete appropriate forms.
Signatures. When all the above NIFA forms are complete, notify Jan via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will e-mail you the “final” copies of the forms to print out, and get required signatures on. Send the signed forms via Campus Mail – Campus Delivery 3001.
- The Forms and project outline are due to the CAES Director’s office by March 1st.
- For Multi-State projects, PIs will be contacted for the forms – usually in August.