After years in planning, Mesa County stakeholders developed a local action plan to address hunger in our community, known as the Mesa County Blueprint to End Hunger (Valente, J., McQuade, A., Wenzel A. 2021).
The Blueprint has two overarching goals:
- Protect and promote the health and well-being of people experiencing food insecurity.
- “Shorten the line” by addressing longer-term issues that create the problem of food insecurity.
Our programming is aligned with these goals. In addition to our efforts to increase people’s access to fresh whole produce and give people the educational tools they need to eat the food, we connect CSU’s resources to:
- Generate new knowledge through community-engaged research
- Build local personnel capacity through applied scholarship, such as internships, capstone projects, and AmeriCorps Service Members.
- Browse our internships and service projects page.
Mesa County Food Bank Survey Impacts
How we learned from our clientele on how to do better and be better. If you are interested in reviewing the entire report, please email Amanda McQuade at email@example.com
Get In Touch With Us
If you have questions about our programming and educational opportunities, please send us an email.